Bartender & Server
Position Title: Bartender & Server
Basic Functions: Serves meals and beverages to patrons following standard recipes in a courteous and friendly manner.
Qualifications: If performing the function of serving alcoholic beverages, must be 21 years of age or older. Knowledge of a variety of alcoholic beverages and ability to prepare them. Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Experience Required: 1-3 months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid driver’s license. High school or equivalent preferred.
- Observes all requirements and restrictions set forth by the state and Pinnacle HR Group for alcoholic beverage control.
- Knows and adheres to state and local liquor laws (checks ID’s and verifies age requirement for alcoholic purchases).
- Reports to management any concerns regarding alcohol consumption by a customer.
- Presents menus, answer questions and makes suggestions regarding food selections.
- Must be able to ring all items on register and run a server report.
- Acts as own cashier. Is responsible for monies collected. Ability to add voids, discounts and guest charges.
- Must be able to operate a credit card machine.
- Acts as own bartender (when/if necessary). Stocks bar based on par levels.
- Knows all liquor, beer and wine brands offered as well as all recipes, garnishes and appropriate glassware.
- Observes customers to respond to any additional requests and determine when meal has been completed.
- Clears and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each meal.
- Ladles soup, “tosses” salads, portions pies and desserts, brews coffee/tea and performs other services.
- Retains working knowledge of menus, alcohol policies and key golf information.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes prior to serving (when/if necessary).
- Performs any reasonable task requested by management or Pinnacle HR Group.
- Assist in other departments as required.
Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Position Benefits: Part-Time positions available. 20-24 hours starting per work week. Additional hours may be available. Benefits include hourly wage plus tips and gratuities, flexible schedule, golf privileges and logo uniforms. Discount on Golf Merchandise. Discount on food and beverage purchases while on duty.
Prospective employee candidates must be personable, engaging, eager to serve, and present a professional image for employment consideration. Golf & Hospitality experience is a desirable trait. Training will be provided.
Contact General Manager Ty Lefler via email email@example.com for more information. Call (803) 324-0300 for more information OR fill out application form below.